It’s back to school time and if your like me you can’t resist the urge to buy all those super cute notebooks at the store. You know the ones Lisa Frank, leopard print and GLITTER ones. I’d like to share with you 20 ways you can fill them and not feel guilty for splurging.
1. Keep a daily journal: Take a few minutes out of everyday and write about your day.
2. Daily to do lists: We all have tons of things to do each day. Why not jot them down in one place each day?
3. Lists: Do you have books you’d like to read or purchases you’d like to make why not keep a list of it all in a notebook?
4. Doodles or artwork: Are you an artist or just find yourself doodling at work on a post it note? Why not compile them all on a notebook.
5. Catch all journal: The idea of this one is to carry it with you and whenever an idea or thought pops in your head you take out this notebook and record it.
6. Time capsule: Use this notebook to post or write about daily events in your town or past events you find fascinating.
7. One word a day/ one sentence a day notebook: The idea behind this notebook is simple. Keep it beside your bed and each night write the date and one word or sentence to describe your day.
8. 52 week notebook: The idea behind this notebook is every Sunday write down a paragraph or more about your whole week.
9. Gratitude journal: Each day write one or more things you were grateful for that day.
10. Bucket list journal: Write down things you want to do or experience before you pass on and also write about doing them.
11. Letters to your child: Write to your child while carrying and while caring for them up to 1 year and keep if for them til they are old enough to enjoy it.
12:Travel journal: Write about all the places you’ve traveled to even just around your state.
13. Guestbook Notebook: Keep it by your door, on the toilet, in the living and let friends and family write whatever they want in it while visiting.
14. Character Journal: If your writer, fill the journal or notebook written like it would be written by your characters you create.
15. Quotes: Compile all your favorite quotes whether they be from famous folks or your own family.
16. Vision board or mood notebook: use it to log your mood each day or a vision board for special projects.
17. Dream journal: log your dreams each morning and try to analyze them or track them to see how they change over time.
18. Friendship or relationship journal: pass this journal back forth between your friends or significant other and write letters, draw doodles or ask questions back and forth. Include photos or events you attend together.
19. Inspiration collage notebook: use this to add photos for tasks you wanna do from like Pinterest or google.
20. Holiday journal: Add a photo of each holiday and write about your experiences.
These are only a few ways to fill those blank notebooks or journals. Honestly the possibilities are endless. I hope you use some of these ideas and have fun!